mercredi 7 mai 2008

Look at these pictures. At these faces.

Look at how lucky I am to be surrounded by these wonderful human beings.
The GEWBies.
That's how they like to call themselves. And I'm glad to be one of them.
Throughout the year, EWB at Guelph has been taking risks, tried new initiatives, grew and learned a lot. I grew a lot with them and I am bringing with me the lessons learned.
The GEWBies also showed a tremendously warm support to the JFs, Kim and myself, and I am very thankful for all their nice words, advices and surprises!


(Thanks Gewbies for the surprise!)

I am now off for some more learning and personal growth in Toronto. For one week I will be living in a house with all the other JFs going to Burkina Faso and Zambia and I will be participating in the pre-departure training organized by the EWB national office.

Are you ready to come with me?

***

Regardez ces photos. Ces visages.
Voyez à quel point je suis choyée d'être entourée par ces merveilleuses personnes.
Les GEWBies.
Voilà comment ils aiment s'appeler. Et je suis heureuse d'être une des leurs.
Au cours de l'année, ISF à Guelph a pris des risques, tenté de nouvelles initiatives, grandi et appris énormément. J'ai beaucoup grandi avec eux et j'apporte donc avec moi le fruit des leçons apprises.
Les GEWBies ont également démontré un immense soutien aux volontaires, Kim et moi-même, et je leur suis très reconnaissante pour leurs bons mots, conseils et surprises!

(Merci les Gewbies pour la surprise!)

Je suis maintenant en route pour encore plus d'apprentissage et de développement personel à Toronto. Pendant une semaine, je vais vivre dans une maison avec tous les autres JFs qui iront au Burkina Faso et en Zambie. Je vais également participer à la formation de pré-départ organisé par le bureau national d'ISF.

Êtes-vous prêts à me suivre?

4 commentaires:

Brian Magee a dit…

I am ready! - je suis prets! (please excuse my very very rusty french)

See you tomorrow!

Kyla Firby a dit…

Hey Madvine,

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. I'm in Edmonton now, all settled in. Email or phone me any time. I will be checking your blog regularly to keep up dated on your experience.

Best Wishes,

Kyla

Madavine a dit…

Hey Kyla!
I'll write you more some time soon. But everything is great so far!
I'm in Lusaka and will be going to Nchelenge tomorrow night for my placement.
Hope you are enjoying Edmonton!
Hugs from Zambia.
Madavine

Alex a dit…

Hey Madavine

I think by now you have reached Nchelenge and I hope you are enjoying exploring and getting to know the people and places around you. I'm excited to hear your impressions of work and the country of Zambia.

hugs back from Vancouver!

Alex