vendredi 13 juin 2008

Picture time!

Here are some pictures of wells that I visited during my first week of work in the field to run a baseline survey on the waterpoints in Chienge district which is located upper in the North of Zambia. Now that I have compiled all the data from the survey, I am working on analysing the results and will be writing a report that will be used to create a tool that will help us understand better the current situtation and foresee the challenges of implementing the Self Supply Programme in the region.

A map of Zambia... I am at the very far North near the border of Congo

Road in Chienge

Unprotected Spring box

A co-worker taking a sample of the water from the well

A hand-pump well



And here are a few pictures of my time with my Zambian family.

Taking the rice grains off the "tige" (don't know the word in English)

Uku-twa - Pounding rice grains to get the shells off

Ashley trying to grab a popo - fruit similar to papaya

1 commentaire:

Kyla Firby a dit…

Great Photos!

Gives a good picture of the diversity of water supplies out there.

What is your host family like?

What challenges are you facing at work?

What are you enjoying the most about Zambia?

What are you finding the most difficult to get used to?

Let me know when I good time to set up a phone call is.

Cheers,